- Form ADV Item 1.I – related to social media platforms
- Form ADV Item 1.J – related to the Chief Compliance Officer
- Form ADV Item 5.D – related to Client data
- Form ADV Item 5.K – related to separately managed accounts
- Form ADV Item 7.B – related to advisers of private funds
- Form ADV Schedule R – related to “relying advisers” for umbrella registration
Of particular interest, addressed in the FAQs for Schedule R, the staff is withdrawing its response from Question 4 of the Staff’s January 12, 2012, letter to the American Bar Association Business Law Section (“2012 ABA Letter”). This results from the Commission’s amendments to Form ADV, which codify umbrella registration for certain advisers to private funds, making this response no longer applicable.It is estimated that the gathering and completion of new data required in Form ADV Part 1A will be a complex process. It is important for firms to familiarize themselves with the new regulatory requirements and commence the process of determining how best to gather this information. Jacko Law Group, PC is here to help! If you have questions related to the changes in Form ADV Part 1A or need guidance on how to prepare, please contact us at (619) 298-2880, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.