Qualified Expert Witness in California
With offices in San Diego and San Francisco, Jacko Law Group, PC (“JLG”) provides expert witness consulting services across California—and nationwide. Our expert witness consultant Michelle Jacko combines her in-depth knowledge of the securities and investment industries with well-honed presentation skills. Her credibility and knowledge are essential assets in high-stakes litigation and arbitration.
Meet Our Expert Witness Lawyers
David M. Sobel, Esq., Broker-Dealer Expert, FINRA Specialist
David M. Sobel plays a key role in cases related to FINRA compliance examinations and investigations. He has extensive experience in securities litigation and alternative dispute resolution, broker-dealer compliance issues, and enforcement cases at the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), AMEX, Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and FINRA.
Mr. Sobel’s career experience includes:
- FINRA arbitrator & enforcement hearing panelist
- Former chairman of the FINRA Small Firm Advisory Board
- Two term FINRA District 10 Committee Member
- Executive Vice President, General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer at Abel/Noser Corp, a FINRA/NYSE member broker-dealer for 10 years
- Floor broker at the New York Stock Exchange for nearly a decade
- President of his own NYSE member firm, Ampro Securities, Inc.
- Senior equity trader/market maker for Trimark Securities
- Former chairman of the National Association of Independent Broker-Dealers (NAIBD)
- Former board member of the National Society of Compliance Professionals (NSCP)
- Featured in professional publications such as Compliance Reporter, Traders Magazine, Dow Jones Newswire & Institutional Investor News
- Speaker at national industry conferences, including those by FINRA, NSCP, NAIBD, the Strategy Institute & the National Regulatory Services (NRS)
- Author of “Your Relationship with FINRA,” a chapter featured in the publication Modern Compliance Best Practices for Securities & Finance & Editorial Advisory Board member of the same.
Michelle L. Jacko, Esq., Managing Partner
Michelle L. Jacko is the Managing Partner and CEO of JLG. She also is the CEO and founder of Core Compliance & Legal Services Inc., a compliance consultation firm. Ms. Jacko has extensive in-house and industry experience in forming investment advisory firms, developing, surveying, and testing compliance programs, regulatory examinations, drafting contracts, transitions, and mergers. She has served as an expert in areas involving Regulation S-P, performance advertising, and securities, and she actively presents on topics such as cybersecurity compliance for financial institutions, managing risks, fiduciary and disclosure obligations, and SEC examinations.
Ms. Jacko’s career experience includes:
- Serving as Vice President of Compliance and Branch Manager of the Home Office Supervision team at LPL Financial
- Serving as Legal Counsel of Investments and Chief Compliance Officer at First American Trust, FSB
- Serving as Compliance Manager at Nicholas-Applegate Capital Management
- Working as Compliance Officer for PIM Financial Services, Inc.
- Speaking at conferences across the U.S. on topics pertaining to investment advisers
- Contributing to notable industry journals on an array of investment-related legal topics
- Serving on the editorial advisory board for the Wolters Kluwer publication Practical Compliance and Risk Management for the Securities Industry
- Acting as Vice Chair of Education and Member of the Corporations Committee of the Business Law Section of the State Bar of California
- Former Advisory Board Co-Chair and Member of the Business & Corporate Law Section of the San Diego County Bar Association
- Two-time former board member of the National Society of Compliance Professionals (NSCP)
- Achieving the Certified Securities Compliance Professional (CSCP) designation by the NSCP
- Serving as a Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) arbitrator