Comprehensive Legal Counsel for Private Fund Advisers
Jacko Law Group, PC is a nationally recognized corporate and securities law firm. We are industry leaders with expertise working with private fund advisers, providing guidance to assist them in navigating the complex legal landscape in private funds.
A private fund adviser and sponsor must address several variables when forming their entity. These variables can only be addressed by experienced and business-centric lawyers who have worked with private funds and have been successful in helping build and maintain their businesses.
Jacko Law Group can provide the following private fund counsel services:
- Formation of SEC Registered Investment Advisers and Exempt Reporting Advisers to private Funds.
- Formation of the Fund and the entities necessary to support private funds.
- Structuring transactions including exploring successful ways to raise capital.
- Advising on all aspects of portfolio companies including initial and on-going due diligence.
- Drafting all documents including private placement memorandums, subscription, and operating agreements.
- Assistance with developing and sustaining robust risk and compliance programs.
- Experience with addressing regulatory and legal challenges.
- Strong in-house Tax Counsel.
Fund Structures & Third-Party Service Agreements
Private Funds are complex entities and can only succeed if structured properly and tailored to the unique business needs of our client. Only experienced lawyers who have succeeded in advising clients and addressing their challenges can handle the complexities of private funds.
Jacko Law Group has the experience and expertise to discuss the practical aspects of:
- Domestic Partnerships and Limited Liability Companies
- Onshore and offshore structures that accommodate U.S. Sponsors with the utmost of tax efficiency.
- Commodity Pool Operators (CPOs) and Commodity Trading Advisors (CTAs)
- Drafting the Fund’s material terms and all investor-related documents.
- Due diligence on service providers.
- Leverage and other lending and credit agreements.
- Portfolio Construction and advisement on ESG deployment.
- Insurance considerations for the Private Fund and the General Partner.
- Compliance, Risk & Regulatory counsel.
For the private fund adviser, the collective power of employee ideas and hard work is a proven way to build competitive strength. Structuring expectations early on with your employees will help. JLG can assist by providing customized:
- Confidentiality agreements
- Training to heighten awareness to confidentiality.
- Compensation arrangements for portfolio management and sales personnel.
- Counsel related to non-solicitation and non-compete provisions.
Sorry, no posts were found.
Sorry, no posts were found.