Full time Paralegal/Office Administrator
(Hybrid – Downtown San Diego)
ARE YOU independent, outgoing, detailed, and enjoy fast paced work environments? Do you enjoy client servicing and proactively supporting attorneys? Do you want to work in an environment that encourages team collaboration and where your opinions matter? We need a self-driven, results oriented, highly organized professional to join our team...is this you?
Jacko Law Group, PC (“JLG”), a corporate and securities law firm, is seeking a full-time Paralegal to support our attorneys and provide an excellent experience to JLG’s clients. The ideal candidate will have some corporate and securities law experience, be organized, upbeat, have great attention to detail, can work independently and in a team environment and is highly motivated and interested in supporting JLG’s attorneys. Success in the role includes professionalism and ability to manage and multitask priorities, including calendaring, drafting of complex documents (such as private placement memorandums, contracts and deal documents), CRM system mastery, and project management. The Paralegal should have at least five to ten (5-10) years of relevant experience, Paralegal certification a plus. This individual will be instrumental in managing client matters and will report to the Managing Partner. This position offers tremendous growth potential and an opportunity to learn all aspects of the securities industry, including broker-dealer, investment adviser, private and public fund space.
- Minimum 5+ years of law firm experience and ideally, as a corporate and securities paralegal.
- Perform regulatory filings and research, as directed by counsel
- Ability to build rapport and interface with sophisticated firm clients
- Oversee calendaring, drafting of documents, company correspondence, electronic communications and direct interaction with JLG clients
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 programs
- Outstanding organizational skills with strong attention-to-detail
- Must be able to work independently, take initiative and collaborate in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral required
- Working knowledge of Clio (or similar document management system platform)
- Coordinate meetings, maintain calendars, make travel arrangements
- Provide clerical support as necessary, including answering phones, filing, faxing, copying, performing data entry
- Oversight of Company filing systems
- Inventorying, maintaining and ordering company supplies
- Proofing correspondence, reports and other deliverables
- Data entry, report generation and maintenance of the Company CRM system, HubSpot
- Ability to provide multi-departmental support as assigned, including providing administrative support for HR, Operations, Accounting, Sales/Marketing and professional staff
- Paralegal certification required
NOTE: This description is not an exhaustive list of all role responsibilities, skill and standards required. Other responsibilities, skills, and standards may be added. Management reserves the right to add or change the job requirements at any time.
About The Firm
Jacko Law Group, PC is a member of the National Association of Women Lawyers (“NAWL”) and certified with the National Women Business Owners Corporation (“NWBOC”), respectively. The Firm delivers premier compliance and legal services to renowned financial institutions throughout the United States, including broker-dealers, investment advisers, investment companies, hedge funds, and private equity firms. What sets us apart: 1% of all firm revenues is donated to charity.
- Dependent on experience; $35-45/hr.