Regulatory and Securities Attorney
Jacko Law Group, P.C., a corporate, regulatory and securities law firm, is seeking an experienced (5+ years) Regulatory and Securities Attorney to advise clients on SEC regulatory and securities issues and to provide counsel on unique and complex legal issues. Our ideal candidate is a thought-leader who provides advanced solutions, deliberate and purposeful counsel, and serves as a strategic business partner to effectively work alongside clients to take positive steps toward meeting their goals and determined to help them achieve long-term success. We are looking for a consummate professional who is efficient and reliable to join our diverse JLG team of corporate and securities attorneys – an advocate with extensive knowledge who is committed to our mission to provide exemplary results to our clients and dedicated to providing exceptional representation that contributes to our unique JLG experience in this dynamic industry.
- Analytical, factual, and straight to the point?
- Assertive and confident self-starter who is driven by achieving outstanding results for clients?
- Collaborative and socially outgoing with the ability to manage a practice area and vision for growth?
- Enthusiastic and optimistic, a proactive forward-thinker who thrives in a fast-paced work environment?
- Flexible and can embrace change – able to pivot easily with shifting priorities, deadlines, and/or goals?
The Regulatory and Securities Attorney is responsible for providing advice and trusted counsel to clients and will collaborate with our growing JLG team to help build on our company’s success, grow our practice, and expand our mission through building relationships and business development. Our ideal candidate will have a natural gift for developing client relationships and will be a key team player for servicing our clients, including investment advisers, broker-dealers, private fund advisers, investment companies, corporations, and individuals. Extensive knowledge of regulations governing the financial industry is required as is experience on corporate law matters and assisting with mergers and acquisitions, regulatory exams, and corporate strategic advisement.
The JLG Experience provides a team approach to partner with colleagues and work closely as a team to provide comprehensive, personalized services and legal strategy to our sophisticated clients and address all of their business growth needs. Additionally, we also collaborate and work closely together in all of our other practice areas including Mergers & Acquisitions, Corporate & Business Formation, Succession Planning, and General Corporate Counsel Services (such as, Contract Review, Governance, Labor & Employment Law, Intellectual Property Law and Real Estate Law
- 5+ years of securities law experience in SEC and FINRA regulatory matters
- Admission to the State Bar of CA, TX, FL or NY
- Extensive knowledge of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, FINRA Rules, and the Investment Company Act of 1940
- Growing book of business with ability to drive new business
- Strong writing, communications and negotiation skills
NOTE: This description is not an exhaustive list of all role responsibilities, skills, and standards required. Other responsibilities, skills, and standards may be added. Management reserves the right to add or change the job requirements at any time.
About The Firm
Jacko Law Group, PC (“JLG”) and its Managing Partner, Michelle Jacko, are proudly certified by the National Association of Women’s Lawyers. We service clients throughout California and nationwide. Growing at a rapid pace, JLG has achieved an impressive track record of success in the San Diego, Los Angeles, and San Francisco markets. JLG delivers premier legal services to financial institutions throughout the United States, including broker-dealers, investment advisers, investment companies, hedge funds, and private equity firms. The attorneys and professional team at JLG are industry thought leaders, leveraging their collective knowledge and capabilities to help achieve each client’s objectives and goals. What sets us apart from other firms: 1% of firm revenues is donated to charity.
JLG is headquartered in San Diego. Hybrid/remote working opportunities are available.
- Competitive base salary of $110,000 - $200,000 per year in San Diego (DOE), origination fees, and profit sharing
- Benefits package, including medical and 401(k)
The candidate will need to travel approximately 5-10% of the time.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and complete the Culture Index™ Survey by clicking on the link: https://take.surveys.ci/s/6GhuE7l27m/62879.