JLG Legal Subscription
TERMS OF SERVICE
1. Subscription Terms & Conditions. Subscription based legal advice commences upon Client’s enrollment in the Subscription program and payment of the initial month’s fees. JLG will run conflicts check to ensure no conflicts prevent JLG from representing Client; if such a conflict exists, JLG will refund Client’s fees paid and these Terms shall not take effect. JLG may also refuse to allow Client to enroll in the Services for any reason and will so notify Client of such refusal within a reasonable time after initial enrollment. Should JLG refuse Services to Client, a refund of all fees paid shall be immediately made. When JLG accepts Client into the Services, these Terms become effective, and an attorney-client relationship is formed. Upon cancellation of the Services, the attorney-client relationship is terminated. To be eligible for these Services, you must be at least 18 years of age.
2. Authority to Enter Agreement. If you are entering into these Subscription Terms on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent that you have the legal authority to bind that entity to these terms and understand that the terms “you” or “your” refer to that entity. If you do not have that authority or if you do not agree with these Subscription Terms, you may not sign up for or use any Subscription. If after your purchase we find that you do not have authority to bind the entity for which you ordered, you will be personally responsible for the obligations in these Subscription Terms and the order you placed, including all payment obligations. JLG is not liable for any loss or damage resulting from our reliance on any communication reasonably believed by us to be genuine and originating from an authorized representative of your company. If there is reasonable doubt about the authenticity of any communication, we may, but are not obligated to, require additional authentication from your company.
3. Subscription term and fees. The Subscription term is for a one-year term that will automatically renew unless otherwise cancelled. The client agrees to pay JLG the monthly subscription fee of $100 per month. A monthly debit of $100 will occur on the 1st day of every month upon execution of this agreement. Client agrees the fee will be paid on a recurring, monthly basis, and that the fees are earned on the date on which they are billed, as Services are provided on an ongoing basis, and will secure your attorney’s availability over the period covered by the fee. Subscription fees will not be placed in an attorney-client trust account. All monthly subscription fees are non-refundable and may not be rolled over to the next month into a trust account for future use if no Services were used in the month in which they were paid. For each Subscription, your charge remains for each term whether or not you contact JLG during that term. In other words, EVEN IF YOU DO NOT USE THE SUBSCRIPTION PLAN BENEFITS OR SPEAK WITH AN ATTORNEY, YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SUBSCRIPTION MEMBERSHIP FEES UNTIL YOU CANCEL YOUR MEMBERSHIP OR IT IS OTHERWISE TERMINATED.
Your Subscription will be renewed automatically at the end of the initial term (the "Billing Date") and at the end of each term thereafter unless and until you give notice of your intention to terminate your Subscription pursuant to the terms of this Agreement by written notice. If you do not give us notice of such intention, your credit card will be charged for the renewal term of your Subscription on your Billing Date.
By choosing a Subscription product or service, you agree that JLG may store one or more payment methods for your account, and you are authorizing JLG to charge these payment methods as explained in these terms. JLG may obtain automatic updates for any expiring credit cards you have provided.
The cost of your Subscription will be the same as the cost at the time of purchase, unless adjusted by JLG. In the event of an adjustment, we will notify you in writing in advance of charging the new Subscription cost.
4. Scope of Services . The client hires JLG to provide legal consulting on an ongoing basis on general issues of corporate, regulatory, securities and business law. JLG is a corporate and securities law firm with attorneys licensed in: California, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Washington D.C.
During the subscription period, Client shall have access to the following (the “Services”):
Attorney Calls: Client is eligible to receive one hour of phone calls per month with an attorney on new legal matters. The determination of what qualifies as a new legal matter shall be solely at the discretion of JLG. If additional consultation is needed on the same legal matter, it will be invoiced at our current hourly rates and would require a separate Engagement Agreement with JLG. Phone calls will be scheduled in 15-30 minute increments based upon the scope of the inquiry and must be scheduled at least 48 hours in advance.
Rush Call Fees: Emergencies happen, and we understand that. If you ever need to call us immediately or block off time on our schedule within our typical 48-hour grace window, you can do so for a 30 minute call, billed at the flat fee of $300.
JLG shall not be obligated to provide legal services outside the scope of the Services described above; separate arrangements must be agreed to for any other services not described herein (for example. – reviewing or drafting contracts, business formations, etc. will not be included as Services under this Program). If a project arises from an attorney consultation call, a matter will be opened with JLG, a retainer will be collected, and an Engagement Agreement outlining the scope of work will be sent to the Client for approval.
5. Changes to Services and Terms. Services may, from time to time, be expanded to permit Client access to additional Services. Client shall have access to expanded Services as they are made available. Services will not be removed from Client’s Subscription except upon 30 days advance notice. Services will not be removed until after expiration of any prepaid period of Client’s subscription. Changes to the Services and to these Terms will be evidenced on JLG’s website and Client will receive notice at the email address Client uses to subscribe to the Services. No changes will be effective prior to notice to Client.
6. Confidentiality. JLG has an ethical obligation to keep your information confidential. Unless you give your express, written permission, your attorney will only communicate with you directly about your legal matters.
7. Client’s Duties. Client agrees to be truthful with JLG, to cooperate, to keep JLG informed of any information or developments which may come to Client’s attention, to abide by these Terms, to pay Subscription fees on time and via automatic billing methods, and to keep JLG advised of Client’s address, telephone number, email address and whereabouts. Client agrees not to share materials contained in the Services with any third party. If Client is found to have violated this agreement, Client agrees to the termination of his/her/its Subscription immediately and WITHOUT refund and agrees to dispose of all materials obtained from JLG.
8. Cancellation. Client may cancel the Subscription upon 30 (thirty) days written notice. Client may cancel by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the intent to cancel. In the event Client cancels Subscription, Client shall be liable for the monthly subscription payment for the month of cancellation; Services will be provided for the period that has been paid. After Services conclude, JLG will, upon Client’s request, deliver any Client property in JLG’s possession, whether or not Client has paid for all Services. Should JLG cease providing Services to all clients, these Terms shall no longer be in effect. In this event, JLG shall refund to Client any subscription fees for periods in which Services were not provided. Any prepaid fees will be prorated for the period they were intended to cover. There is no guarantee that Client will be permitted to re-enroll after cancellation. JLG may deny further service after cancellation for any reason.
9. No Guarantee. JLG provides no guarantee as to the results of any advice or action taken on your behalf. All legal advice is provided strictly in an advisory capacity.
10. Security. Security for all personally identifiable information is extremely important to us. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secured. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, JLG cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit via the internet. By transmitting any such information to JLG, you accept that you do so at your own risk.
11. Agreement Not Assignable. This Agreement shall be binding upon and shall inure to the benefit of the Parties herein to their respective successors, assigns, heirs and personal representatives. However, the rights and obligations hereunder will not be assignable, transferable, or delegable without the written consent of the other party. Any attempted assignment, transfer, or delegation thereof without such consent will be void.
12. Notices. Any notice required or permitted by this Agreement will be in writing and will be delivered as follows with notice deemed given: (i) by personal delivery when delivered personally; (ii) by overnight courier upon written verification of receipt; iii) by facsimile transmission or electronic mail upon acknowledgment of receipt of electronic transmission; or (iv) by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested, upon verification of receipt. Notice will be sent to the addresses set forth below or such other address as either party may specify in writing.
|Client (please complete)||JLG|
E-mail (Primary): ______________________________________
E-mail (CC on Invoices): ________________________________
|Jacko Law Group, PC
Attn: Michelle L. Jacko, Esq.
Address: 1350 Columbia Street, Suite 300
San Diego, CA 92101
Tel: Tel: (619) 298-2880
Fax: (619) 298-2882
Client expressly consents to JLG delivering all Communications to Client by e-mail and certifies that it possesses the means of accepting delivery by e-mail. Client acknowledges that it is responsible for ensuring that the e-mail address provided remains current in JLG’s records.
13. Indemnity. Client agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold JLG and its respective officers, owners, and agents harmless from and against any and all claims, liability, losses, damages, costs, and expenses (including attorneys' fees) incurred by any such person in connection with:
• Your use of, or connection to, your Subscription;
• The content, quality, or performance of material contained within the Subscription;
• Your violation of the rights of any other person or entity.
14. Arbitration. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, Client and JLG agree that the following steps will be used to settle any controversy or claim including, but no limited to, errors and/or omissions arising out of or relating to this Agreement or the breach thereof.
a. Negotiation. The Client and JLG agree that they will attempt to resolve any controversy, claim, or dispute (“Dispute”) relating to this Agreement by prompt, good faith negotiations. Any Dispute which is not settled by the Parties within thirty (30) days after written notice of a Dispute is given by one Party to the other shall be referred to arbitration pursuant to Clause b. below.
b. Fee Disputes. In the event that a dispute arises between JLG and Client over payment of fees, the parties agree that Client shall institute an arbitration proceeding with the San Diego County Bar Association for the resolution of this dispute within thirty (30) days of receipt of a “Notice of Client’s Right to Arbitrate” from JLG or an attorney acting on behalf of JLG.
c. Other Disputes. Notwithstanding Section 17(a) above, any dispute where Client and/or JLG seeks affirmative relief against the other party, the parties agree that said dispute will be determined by binding arbitration by an arbitrator working with that alternative dispute resolution entity known as JUDICATE WEST, located at 402 West Broadway, Suite 400, San Diego, CA 92101, unless JLG and Client agree on a different means of resolving the dispute. Discovery related to said arbitration shall be conducted as set forth in California Code of Civil Procedures section 1283.05i.
d. Waiver of Right to Jury Trial. In any dispute arising between JLG and Client, or out of their relationship as described herein, said parties hereby waive their right to a jury trial.
e. Right to Seek Independent Counsel. Because the provisions of this agreement governing dispute resolution between us involves the waiver of constitutionally-protected rights, you are encouraged to seek the advice of independent counsel if you have any questions regarding these waivers, or any questions regarding any other term of this agreement. By signing this agreement, you acknowledge that you have been advised of your right to seek independent counsel before signing this agreement.
Client acknowledges that his/her/its consent to this arbitration provision is voluntary. Client understands that this arbitration provision does not constitute a waiver of any rights provided to Client under federal or state securities laws.
15. E-Signature Confirmation and Consent. JLG has established a relationship with SignNow, an unaffiliated third-party provider of e-signature technology, to enable Client to sign JLG’s account forms electronically. In order to utilize this technology, Client must read and agree to the terms and conditions described below. Please read this information carefully and thoroughly to ensure you, the Client, agree to these terms and conditions. By confirming, Client agrees to receive and sign JLG’s account forms, billing invoices, disclosure documents, agreements and such other documents as may be delivered by JLG in electronic forms.
a. Getting Paper Copies. You may request copies of JLG documents provided to you electronically for no additional charges and/or fees. You also can download and print JLG documents you sign electronically through the SignNow system during and immediately after the signing session. To request paper copies of the final versions of the JLG documents, please contact us.
b. Withdrawing your Consent. If Client agrees to receive and sign JLG documents electronically. Client may at any time withdraw Client’s consent by declining to sign JLG documents from within the Client’s SignNow session, and on subsequent page, select the “Decline to Sign” option. Client also may contact JLG directly to withdraw Client’s consent to receive and sign JLG Documents electronically.
c. Changing Your Email Address. It is the Client’s responsibility to provide JLG with an accurate and complete e-mail address, contact and other information related to delivering JLG documents, and to maintain and update promptly any changes in this information. Please note that JLG is not responsible for Client’s SignNow account, nor is JLG notified when client changes an email address through SignNow. Client must notify JLG independently of SignNow to make sure any changes have been noted.
16. Severability. If any part of this Agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable, it will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining terms of this Agreement.
17. Governing Law. This agreement shall be governed by the laws of California.
18. Entire Agreement. These Terms contain the entire agreement of the parties. No other agreement, statement, or promise made on or before the effective date of these Terms will be binding on the parties.
|CLIENT||JACKO LAW GROUP, PC|
Print Name: ____________________________
| Signature: ___________________________________
Print Name: __________________________________