Jacko Law Group, PC (“JLG”), a corporate and securities law firm, is seeking a Paralegal to support our attorneys and provide an excellent experience to JLG’s clients. The ideal candidate will have corporate and securities law experience, be organized, and upbeat, have excellent attention to detail, can work independently and in a team environment, and is highly motivated and interested in supporting JLG’s attorneys. Success in the role includes professionalism and the ability to manage and multitask priorities, including calendaring, drafting of complex documents (such as private placement memorandums, contracts, and deal documents), CRM system mastery, and project management. The Paralegal should have at least five to ten (5-10) years of relevant experience, with Paralegal certification a plus. This individual will be instrumental in managing client matters and will report to the Managing Partner. This position offers tremendous growth potential and an opportunity to learn all aspects of the securities industry, including broker-dealer, investment adviser, and private and public fund space.
- Minimum 5+ years of law firm experience as a securities paralegal (preferably Investment Adviser, Private Fund, Broker-Dealer)
- Perform regulatory filings and research, as directed by counsel
- Ability to build rapport and interface with sophisticated firm clients
- Working knowledge of HubSpot (or a similar CRM system)
- Oversee calendaring, drafting of documents, company correspondence, electronic communications, and direct interaction with JLG clients
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 programs
- Outstanding organizational skills with strong attention-to-detail
- Must be able to work independently, take the initiative and collaborate in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral required
- Paralegal certification preferred
NOTE: This description is not an exhaustive list of all role responsibilities, skills, and standards required. Other responsibilities, skills, and standards may be added. Management reserves the right to add or change the job requirements at any time.
About The Firm
Jacko Law Group, PC (“JLG”) is a National Women's Business Owners organization with a focus on securities and corporate law. JLG and its Managing Partner, Michelle Jacko, are proud members of the National Association of Women Lawyers. JLG services clients throughout California and nationwide. Growing at a rapid pace, JLG has achieved an impressive track record of success in the San Diego, Los Angeles, and San Francisco markets. JLG delivers premier legal services to renowned financial institutions throughout the United States, including broker-dealers, investment advisers, investment companies, hedge funds, and private equity firms. The attorneys and professional team at JLG are industry thought leaders, leveraging their collective knowledge and capabilities to help achieve each client’s goals and objectives. What sets us apart: 1% of all firm revenues is donated to charity.
JLG is headquartered in San Diego with a satellite office in San Francisco. Hybrid/remote working opportunities are available.
• +$38+ per hour DOE (plus bonus opportunities)
• Jacko Law Group offers an excellent salary and benefits package, including medical and 401(k)