Legal Secretary & Administrative Assistant
Jacko Law Group, PC (“JLG”), a corporate and securities law firm, is seeking an experienced Legal Secretary & Administrative Assistant to support our attorneys, paralegals, and other members of the JLG legal team with administrative functions and provide an excellent experience to JLG’s clients. The ideal candidate will have effective time management and organizational skills coupled with the ability to be detail-oriented. Additionally, this person will be upbeat with a natural gift for building relationships, highly motivated, and interested in supporting JLG’s legal team. Success in the role includes professionalism and the ability to manage and multitask priorities, including calendaring, legal secretary duties (such as research, administrative responsibilities, and database entry), and legal project management. The Legal Secretary & Administrative Assistant should have at least three to five (3-5) years of relevant law firm experience, Paralegal experience a plus, and a proactive, can-do attitude. This individual will be instrumental in providing legal support on client matters and will report to the Sr. Paralegal / Director of Administration. This position offers tremendous growth potential and an opportunity to learn all aspects of the securities industry, including broker-dealer, investment adviser, and private and public fund space.
- Minimum 3+ years of law firm experience (paralegal and/or securities law experience a plus)
- Ability to build rapport with attorneys, prospects, and clients
- Must be able to interface with sophisticated firm clients
- Oversee calendaring, company correspondence, electronic communications, and editing documents
- Perform other duties as assigned related to regulatory filings, as directed by counsel and paralegals
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, O365, etc.)
- Outstanding organizational skills with strong attention-to-detail
- Must be able to work independently, take the initiative and collaborate in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral required
NOTE: This description is not an exhaustive list of all role responsibilities, skills, and standards required. Other responsibilities, skills, and standards may be added. Management reserves the right to add or change the job requirements at any time.
About The Firm
Jacko Law Group, PC (“JLG”) is a National Women's Business Owners organization with a focus on securities and corporate law. JLG and its Managing Partner, Michelle Jacko, are proud members of the National Association of Women Lawyers. JLG services clients throughout California and nationwide. Growing at a rapid pace, JLG has achieved an impressive track record of success in the San Diego, Los Angeles, and San Francisco markets. JLG delivers premier legal services to renowned financial institutions throughout the United States, including broker-dealers, investment advisers, investment companies, hedge funds, and private equity firms. The attorneys and professional team at JLG are industry thought leaders, leveraging their collective knowledge and capabilities to help achieve each client’s goals and objectives. What sets us apart: 1% of all firm revenues is donated to charity.
JLG is headquartered in San Diego with a satellite office in San Francisco. Hybrid/remote working opportunities are available.
• $25 - $35 per hour DOE
• Jacko Law Group offers an excellent salary and benefits package, including medical and 401(k)