Jennifer Trowbridge, Esq. serves as Jr. Partner at Jacko Law Group, PC (“JLG”) where she provides corporate and regulatory counsel to clients with diverse business models and various backgrounds. Within her practice, Ms. Trowbridge focuses on corporate securities, corporate finance, corporate transactions as well as general corporate governance for both private and publicly traded companies.
With her extensive experience, she assists clients with private and public offerings (Regulation D, Reg A+, etc.), registration of securities (Forms S-1, S-8, etc.), mergers, acquisitions, stock and asset purchases and periodic filing compliance (Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, etc.) and more. Her focus is on ensuring a client’s compliance with the patchwork of state, federal and local regulations, including securities, corporate and employment laws.
Previously, Ms. Trowbridge served as In-House Counsel to a privately held vertically integrated cannabis company, where she oversaw their compliance Federal, State and local rules and regulations. She also managed several private offerings of both debt and equity and managed the company’s existing convertible debt obligations. Before that, Ms. Trowbridge was a Senior Securities and Business Transactions Attorney at Weintraub Law Group, PC, Securities and Business Transactional Attorney at Trowbridge Mills Law Group, APC and Attorney at Stoecklein Law Group, LLP.
Ms. Trowbridge received her J.D. from Thomas Jefferson School of Law, where she received the Pro Bono Honors Certificate, CALI Award for Academic Excellence, and the Witkin Award for Academic Excellence for both Constitutional Law and Role of Small Business in Community Economic Development. Prior to that, Ms. Trowbridge received her Paralegal Certificate, with honors, from the University of San Diego and is a graduate of Chapman University where she received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Organizational Leadership.
Ms. Trowbridge Is admitted to the State Bar of California. She also proudly teaches both Introduction to Business Entities and Introduction to Intellectual Property at the University of San Diego’s School of Law’s/Paralegal Program.
- Corporate Transactions, Mergers and Acquisitions
- Corporate Finance and Venture Capital
- SEC and FINRA Examinations and Investigations
- General Counsel Services and Corporate Governance
- Investment Adviser, Broker-Dealer, Investment Company, Private Fund and Issuer Regulatory Counsel
- Employment Law
- Intellectual Property
- Cannabis Industry Compliance
- Real Estate
Legal Risk Management Tips
- San Diego Business Journal, 10.27.2020
- The Many Recent Signals that Foreshadow a More Aggressive SEC in Terms of Enforcement Action and Stiffer Penalties for WrongdoersSecurities Law & Corporate Counsel Blog, 04.19.2021
- New SEC Climate Change and ESG Task Force to Enhance Investor Protection by Red Flagging Examples of Corporate GreenwashingSecurities Law & Corporate Counsel Blog, 04.12.2021
- Securities Law & Corporate Counsel Blog, 02.17.2021
- Securities Law & Corporate Counsel Blog, 02.10.2021
- Securities Law & Corporate Counsel Blog, 10.27.2020
- Securities Law & Corporate Counsel Blog, 09.22.2020
- Securities Law & Corporate Counsel Blog, 08.06.2020
- Securities Law & Corporate Counsel Blog, 07.10.2020
- Securities Law & Corporate Counsel Blog, 06.05.2020
Industry & Community Affiliations
National Association of Woman Lawyers
Lawyers Club of San Diego
Bar & Court Admissions
- The State Bar of California
- United States District Court Southern District
- United States District Court Central District
J.D., Thomas Jefferson School of Law
B.A., Chapman University
Paralegal Certificate, University of San Diego