Rachel C. Edwards, Esq. serves as an Attorney at Jacko Law Group, PC (“JLG”) where she supports the needs of our corporate clientele. Her invaluable experience supports their ability to provide advice in connection with a wide range of transactional needs and corporate objectives. Within her expertise, Ms. Edwards has a focus in technology and software-based corporate transactions, including SaaS and similar third-party agreements, intellectual property, e-commerce, and data privacy matters.
As a results-driven attorney, her counsel assists JLG clients with all of their transactional matters, including corporate restructuring, commercial lease negotiations and agreements, stock and asset purchases, internal corporate and employment-related policies, and more. Her extensive experience enables her to strategically advocate for the JLG clients and position them to achieve their strategic business objectives.
Prior to joining JLG, Ms. Edwards served as outside general counsel for a number of domestic and international companies, where she oversaw entity formation; corporate audits and restructuring; state and federal corporate compliance; debt financing transactions; and a number of complex intellectual property matters. Before that, Ms. Edwards gained valuable experience at an established San Diego litigation firm where she served as an associate litigation counsel covering several practice areas, including general corporate and individual civil claims.
Ms. Edwards received her J.D. from the California Western School of Law and is admitted to both the State Bar of Arizona and State Bar of California.
- Corporate Governance and Compliance, including strategic risk management practices and legal due diligence
- Commercial and Transactional Agreements; License Agreements; Non-Disclosure Agreements, Joint Venture Agreements; Executive Employment Agreements and Independent Contractor Agreements
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- IP and Trademark protections and registration
- Corporate Policies and Procedures, including data privacy and security and employment policies
Awards & Recognitions
Women of Influence in Law, San Diego Business Journal (2021)
Legal Risk Management Tips
- SDBJ Recognizes Michelle Jacko, Jennifer Trowbridge and Rachel Edwards as Women of Influence in Law 2021San Diego Business Journal , 06.28.2021
- Securities Law & Corporate Counsel Blog, 11.15.2021
- Securities Law & Corporate Counsel Blog, 11.12.2021
- Securities Law & Corporate Counsel Blog, 08.23.2021
- Securities Law & Corporate Counsel Blog, 07.16.2021
- Compliance Steps Fiduciaries Should Take Now to Help Ensure Continued Adherence with the DOL’s New ERISA ExemptionSecurities Law & Corporate Counsel Blog, 05.14.2021
- What Investment Advisers Must do to Qualify for the DOL’s Prohibited Transaction Exemption for IRA RolloversSecurities Law & Corporate Counsel Blog, 03.31.2021
- FINRA Report Suggests Growing Need for Enhanced Risk Management in Cybersecurity and Outside Business ActivitiesSecurities Law & Corporate Counsel Blog, 03.12.2021
- Securities Law & Corporate Counsel Blog, 11.03.2020
- Securities Law & Corporate Counsel Blog, 10.14.2020
Industry & Community Affiliations
Secretary, California Lawyers Association - Corporations Committee
Bar & Court Admissions
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Arizona
J.D., California Western School of Law
B.S., University of Arizona