Investment Adviser/Broker-Dealer Formation Services
There are many moving parts that must come together as part of the broker-dealer formation process: choosing the right business entity, creating the new membership application (NMA) form, developing effective compliance programs, drafting written supervisory procedures, preparing for the FINRA interview and ensuring that there is enough net capital, to name a few.
Serving San Diego, San Francisco, Los Angeles, California, And Nationwide Clients
At JLG, we offer extensive experience in all aspects of broker-dealer entity formation and registration, including the purchase, sale, merger or acquisition of existing broker-dealer entities. To learn how we can help you through this process, please contact our law office today.
Areas Of Practice
Our broker-dealer formation counsel provides comprehensive services, including:
- Corporate formation (LLCs, S-corps, etc.)
- SEC and FINRA application processes
- Assistance in completion of all registration documents, including Form BD, Form NMA , business plan and submission of supporting documents
- Development of written supervisory procedures (WSPs) and necessary brokerage forms and agreements
- Transition processes for moving from one broker-dealer to another
- Assistance with FINRA rules 3110, 3120 and 3130 requirements (CEO certification)
- Mock regulatory exams (including branch office locations)
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML) programs
- Regulation S-P (privacy policies)
- Customer complaint responses
- Guidance on supervision and surveillance solutions
- Licensing and registration of entities and personnel
- Broker-dealer advertising and sales literature reviews
- Business continuity and disaster recovery plans (BCP and DRP)
- Cybersecurity program development counsel on broker-dealer sales transactions and practices
- Guidance on the latest regulatory and compliance rule releases and interpretations
JLG works closely with clients from the beginning to thoroughly understand their business and the unique goals and challenges of the client. Once this information is obtained, we create a project calendar detailing the projects that must be completed for the membership application, the estimated amount of time for completing each task and the JLG team members who will be involved in the formation process. Throughout the project, we maintain an open and ongoing dialog both with our clients and with the regulatory agencies involved.
Contact A JLG Securities Lawyer
Jacko Law Group assists clients in California and throughout the United States in all phases of broker-dealer formation. For more information or to speak with a securities attorney - contact our law office at 619.298.2880 or contact us online.
Legal Risk Management Tips
- Financial Advisor IQ , 06.02.2016
- Wolters Kluwer: Practical Compliance & Risk Management For the Securities Industry, 09.2015