Corporate & Business Formation Attorneys
Choosing the appropriate business entity, filing the proper formation documents and developing bylaws, operating or other similar agreements are only the beginning steps to forming a business. At Jacko Law Group (JLG), our corporate formation attorneys can oversee all of your business needs, whether you are forming a limited liability company (LLC), limited partnership (LP) or corporation.
Jacko Law Group in San Diego, provides the legal guidance, services, and support that startup companies need to form a successful business. We provide ongoing corporate services and represent companies throughout California, nationwide and internationally.
Corporate Formation Lawyers Providing Comprehensive Business Services
JLG's corporate law attorneys and professional staff offer continuous business services that include cost-effective formation services. Our professional team will draft, review and maintain the documents necessary to form your business and keep it running throughout its lifetime.
Some of the specific areas that JLG addresses with clients interested in forming or maintaining a corporate entity include:
- Drafting and filing formation documents, including business name and statement of information (where applicable)
- Obtaining a tax identification number
- Drafting applicable partnership agreements, operating agreements or bylaws
- Drafting shareholding agreements
- Filing blue sky notices as applicable
- Maintaining books and records throughout the formation process and the business's lifetime
- Acting as a registered agent for formed entities in California
Our law firm also provides ongoing legal services to companies after the business formation process is complete. Our in-house attorneys will conduct an analysis of your business to spot risk management and legal issues before they become problems. We also provide as-needed updates and amendments to corporate documents, and help you file your annual updates.
Determining Corporate Entity: Liability Considerations
How do you protect yourself and your family from liability if your new business faces litigation? How do you separate your personal life from business transactions? The entity you choose for your business will determine your individual liability for business dealings and tax liability in the years to come.
Our corporate law attorneys advise clients about entity choice, including partnerships, LLCs, professional limited liability companies (PLLCs), S corporations, C corporations and more. We recommend that you also speak to your tax accountant for guidance about how each entity affects your tax liability.
For more information including steps and considerations for forming your own company or expanding your current options, please call one of our business formation attorneys directly at 213-631-2549 or contact us online.
Legal Risk Management Tips
- Lawyer Monthly Magazine, 01.29.2021
- Financial Advisor IQ , 06.02.2016
- Wolters Kluwer: Practical Compliance & Risk Management For the Securities Industry, 09.2015
- Securities Law & Corporate Counsel Blog, 08.12.2021
- Securities Law & Corporate Counsel Blog, 06.11.2021
- Securities Law & Corporate Counsel Blog, 07.28.2020
- Securities Law & Corporate Counsel Blog, 04.06.2020