The Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 ("ERISA") is federal law regulated by the U.S. Department of Labor. ERISA is designed to protect the assets placed in retirement plans so that funds will be there upon retirement. To meet that objective, ERISA sets forth regulatory standards for pensions and retirement plans by setting forth fiduciary responsibilities for those money managers and other service providers who plan and manage assets on behalf of the retirement plan.
Jacko Law Group provides ongoing counsel, support and legal services to investment advisory and investment management clients throughout the United States.
The Act also contains detailed provisions for governmental reporting and disclosure to retirement plan participants. Additionally, provisions are aimed at assuring that plan funds are protected and properly invested. To this end, understanding all the fiduciary obligations and compliance requirements with ERISA is critical and requires regulatory compliance counsel guidance.
JLG PROVIDES HIGHLY CUSTOMIZED ERISA COUNSEL
At Jacko Law Group (JLG) we provide personalized counsel for investment advisory firms and managers throughout California and nationwide. Our team of professionals reviews advisory agreements and investments for ERISA compliance and provides guidance on any necessary action steps.
Our ERISA compliance services include:
- Determining your status as a plan fiduciary
- Counsel regarding your ERISA fiduciary responsibilities
- Explaining possible liabilities under ERISA
- Reviewing plan documents and analyzing compliance under ERISA regulations
- Advising you regarding your role as an investment manager and your duties to manage plan assets "prudently"
- Creating Section 408(b)(2) client disclosure documents
For more information or to speak with an ERISA compliance lawyer — call our law office directly at 619.298.2880 or contact us online.