On June 1, 2020, Xavier Becerra, the Attorney General for California, submitted the final package of regulations for the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) to the California Office of Administrative Law (“OAL”). For businesses required to comply with the CCPA, the package outlines the requirements for privacy notices, methods for submitting requests to know and delete consumer information, verification of consumers, special rules regarding minors, and non-discrimination.
MetLife, Inc. has agreed to pay a civil penalty of $10 million in order to settle charges from the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) that it violated the books and records and internal accounting controls provisions of the federal securities laws.
In a long-awaited development, the SEC has adopted its final rule "requiring companies to disclose, in proxy or information statements for the election of directors, any practices or policies allowing employees or directors to engage in certain hedging transactions...
The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) announced in September a court order that halted what the SEC referred to as "an ongoing Ponzi-like scheme" that fraudulently collected more than $345 million from over 230 investors across the U.S. In...
Digital and virtual currencies continue to be a growing trend in the financial industry. Investors are demonstrating increased interest and trading activity, and, more and more financial advisers are considering inclusion of cryptocurrencies in investment portfolios. Existing as digital...
58-year-old Arthur Lamar Adams pled guilty on May 9, 2018, to one count of wire fraud for his role in defrauding hundreds of investors in a Ponzi scheme involving more than $100 million, spanning a period of at least...
- SEC Charges San Antonio CEO with Defrauding Investors Including First-Responders
- Considerations for Your Next Business Transition
- Three Things You Need to Know When Forming an RIA
- SEC Releases Proposed Changes to Form 13F Report Requirements
- SEC Releases Last-Minute Updates to Form CRS FAQs
- Top 3 Considerations During the Breakaway & Transition Process
- Succession Planning: Identifying a Successor
- California AG Submits Final CCPA Rules for Approval
- ICO To Return $25 Million to Investors
- SEC Charges Morgan Stanley Smith Barney with Providing Misleading Information to Retail Clients
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Investment Advisers
- Transition Services
- Due Diligence
- Aging Clients
- Policies and Procedures
- Virtual Currency
- Broker Protocol
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- Dodd-Frank Act
- Advisers Act
- Office of Compliance Inspections and Examinations (OCIE)
- Securities Law
- Ponzi Scheme
- Form U5
- Private Equity
- Private Funds
- Regulation Best Interest
- Hedge Funds
- Regulatory Examinations
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- Government Shutdown
- Risk Alert
- Social Media Marketing
- Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs)
- Investment Company Act
- Rule 6c
- Wells Fargo