On May 28, 2020, the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) announced that San Jose-based block chain services firm BitClave PTE Ltd. (“BitClave”) agreed to settle charges related to an unregistered initial coin offering (“ICO”) of digital asset securities.
The Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) filed charges against Reginald “Reggie” Middleton and two entities he owns for allegedly committing a fraudulent digital token sale scheme.
With the passing of every month, the investment industry sees another round of enforcements involving the mishandling of initial coin offerings ("ICOs"). The still nascent landscape of cryptocurrency investing continues to pose significant difficulties for investors, firms, and regulatory...
The developing market of virtual currencies and online trading continues to present difficulties for the financial investment industry. In late April 2019, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) released an investor alert that advised extreme caution surrounding digital asset...
Trouble regarding initial coin offerings (ICOs) and cryptocurrencies continues to occupy a significant place in our industry's spotlight. In late February, the Securities and Exchange Commission's enforcement branch charged Gladius Network LLC with conducting an unregistered initial coin offering...
The principle of full disclosure in the marketing of virtual currencies is a recent focus of regulatory bodies as they slowly confirm that these cryptocurrencies are securities or investment products. In a Press Release dated Nov. 29, 2018, the...
Digital and virtual currencies continue to be a growing trend in the financial industry. Investors are demonstrating increased interest and trading activity, and, more and more financial advisers are considering inclusion of cryptocurrencies in investment portfolios. Existing as digital...
- Navigating a Successful Merger or Acquisition
- Remaining Vigilant Against Investment Fraud During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Starting a New Business? Don’t Overlook These Three Essential Considerations
- Starting Out: Mergers & Acquisitions (Part 2)
- Final California Consumer Privacy Act Rules Approved by OAL
- Integral Factors for Your Firm's Mock SEC Examination
- Starting Out: Mergers & Acquisitions (Part 1)
- SEC Charges San Antonio CEO with Defrauding Investors Including First-Responders
- Considerations for Your Next Business Transition
- Three Things You Need to Know When Forming an RIA
- Investment Advisers
- Transition Services
- Due Diligence
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- Aging Clients
- Policies and Procedures
- Virtual Currency
- Advisers Act
- Dodd-Frank Act
- Broker Protocol
- Office of Compliance Inspections and Examinations (OCIE)
- Ponzi Scheme
- Securities Law
- Form U5
- Private Equity
- Private Funds
- Regulation Best Interest
- Hedge Funds
- Regulatory Examinations
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- Government Shutdown
- Risk Alert
- Social Media Marketing
- Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs)
- Investment Company Act
- Rule 6c
- Wells Fargo