On May 28, 2020, the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) announced that San Jose-based block chain services firm BitClave PTE Ltd. (“BitClave”) agreed to settle charges related to an unregistered initial coin offering (“ICO”) of digital asset securities.
The Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) filed charges against Reginald “Reggie” Middleton and two entities he owns for allegedly committing a fraudulent digital token sale scheme.
With the passing of every month, the investment industry sees another round of enforcements involving the mishandling of initial coin offerings ("ICOs"). The still nascent landscape of cryptocurrency investing continues to pose significant difficulties for investors, firms, and regulatory...
The developing market of virtual currencies and online trading continues to present difficulties for the financial investment industry. In late April 2019, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) released an investor alert that advised extreme caution surrounding digital asset...
Trouble regarding initial coin offerings (ICOs) and cryptocurrencies continues to occupy a significant place in our industry's spotlight. In late February, the Securities and Exchange Commission's enforcement branch charged Gladius Network LLC with conducting an unregistered initial coin offering...
The principle of full disclosure in the marketing of virtual currencies is a recent focus of regulatory bodies as they slowly confirm that these cryptocurrencies are securities or investment products. In a Press Release dated Nov. 29, 2018, the...
Digital and virtual currencies continue to be a growing trend in the financial industry. Investors are demonstrating increased interest and trading activity, and, more and more financial advisers are considering inclusion of cryptocurrencies in investment portfolios. Existing as digital...
- Support and Counsel to Boards of Directors, Board Committees and Executives
- Assembling the Right Legal Team for Your M&A
- The Regulatory Considerations for M&As and Transition Planning
- Financing, Capital, and Ownership Structures
- The Essentials of a Purchase and Sale Agreement
- What to Know About Your Mergers & Acquisitions Process
- Private Equity and Your Regulatory Compliance Counsel
- The Most Important Consideration When Starting a Business
- Starting Out: Mergers & Acquisitions – Term Sheets and Due Diligence
- Four P’s of the Breakaway and Transition Process
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Transition Services
- Investment Advisers
- Policies and Procedures
- Private Equity
- Private Funds
- Due Diligence
- Regulatory Examinations
- Social Media Marketing
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- Aging Clients
- Advisers Act
- Virtual Currency
- Ponzi Scheme
- Dodd-Frank Act
- Office of Compliance Inspections and Examinations (OCIE)
- Securities Law
- Broker Protocol
- Form U5
- Hedge Funds
- Regulation Best Interest
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- Government Shutdown
- Risk Alert
- Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs)
- Investment Company Act
- Rule 6c
- Wells Fargo