Growing older is something that every single one of us does. It's a simple fact of life that we will all age with time. Those who advise aging clients may be among those that are the most acutely aware...
On the surface, a Form U5 seems straightforward. Direct from FINRA's general instructions, it's the uniform termination notice for securities industry registration. A firm must file a Form U5 anytime one of its registered employees leaves the firm. The...
With 2017 coming to a close, it's time to start looking at what you'll need to prepare in the first quarter for 2018. One of the major priorities for early in the year is Form ADV. If your fiscal...
Early in October, at the National Association of Municipal Advisors Conference, two attorneys with the Office of Compliance Inspections and Examinations ("OCIE") told the municipal advisors in attendance that many need to work on improving compliance procedures. To ensure...
Announced October 11th, 2017, FINRA is restructuring its representative level qualification exam program. It will be creating the Securities Industry Essentials ("SIE") exam, while also revising the representative-level qualification exams (i.e. Series 6 & 7). The goal of restructuring...
Earlier this month, a federal jury ruled against the founder of F-Squared Investments, Howard Present, in a case that was first brought to court almost two years ago. The firm, at one time, was the largest marketer of index...
This year, Core Compliance & Legal Services, Inc., in conjunction with IA Watch, is hosting a one day event featuring several Jacko Law Group, PC team members. It's fast approaching, taking place November 2, 2017, in Los Angeles. If...
Preparing for regulatory examinations is a daunting prospect. If you haven't set up the policies and procedures to ensure you can handle such an exam at the drop of a hat, it becomes more than just daunting: it turns into...
The U. S. Securities and Exchange Commission Division of Investment Management recently published an Information Update to provide clarification regarding filing certain Form ADV Part 1A amendments. On August 25, 2016, the Commission adopted amendments to Form ADV that have...
Last week the U. S. Securities and Exchange Commission judged that David Lubin, a New York-based attorney, may no longer appear or practice before the SEC, and may no longer act as an officer or director of a public...
- Support and Counsel to Boards of Directors, Board Committees and Executives
- Assembling the Right Legal Team for Your M&A
- The Regulatory Considerations for M&As and Transition Planning
- Financing, Capital, and Ownership Structures
- The Essentials of a Purchase and Sale Agreement
- What to Know About Your Mergers & Acquisitions Process
- Private Equity and Your Regulatory Compliance Counsel
- The Most Important Consideration When Starting a Business
- Starting Out: Mergers & Acquisitions – Term Sheets and Due Diligence
- Four P’s of the Breakaway and Transition Process
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Transition Services
- Investment Advisers
- Policies and Procedures
- Private Equity
- Private Funds
- Due Diligence
- Regulatory Examinations
- Social Media Marketing
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- Aging Clients
- Advisers Act
- Virtual Currency
- Ponzi Scheme
- Dodd-Frank Act
- Office of Compliance Inspections and Examinations (OCIE)
- Securities Law
- Broker Protocol
- Form U5
- Hedge Funds
- Regulation Best Interest
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- Government Shutdown
- Risk Alert
- Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs)
- Investment Company Act
- Rule 6c
- Wells Fargo