Growing older is something that every single one of us does. It's a simple fact of life that we will all age with time. Those who advise aging clients may be among those that are the most acutely aware...
On the surface, a Form U5 seems straightforward. Direct from FINRA's general instructions, it's the uniform termination notice for securities industry registration. A firm must file a Form U5 anytime one of its registered employees leaves the firm. The...
With 2017 coming to a close, it's time to start looking at what you'll need to prepare in the first quarter for 2018. One of the major priorities for early in the year is Form ADV. If your fiscal...
Early in October, at the National Association of Municipal Advisors Conference, two attorneys with the Office of Compliance Inspections and Examinations ("OCIE") told the municipal advisors in attendance that many need to work on improving compliance procedures. To ensure...
Announced October 11th, 2017, FINRA is restructuring its representative level qualification exam program. It will be creating the Securities Industry Essentials ("SIE") exam, while also revising the representative-level qualification exams (i.e. Series 6 & 7). The goal of restructuring...
Earlier this month, a federal jury ruled against the founder of F-Squared Investments, Howard Present, in a case that was first brought to court almost two years ago. The firm, at one time, was the largest marketer of index...
This year, Core Compliance & Legal Services, Inc., in conjunction with IA Watch, is hosting a one day event featuring several Jacko Law Group, PC team members. It's fast approaching, taking place November 2, 2017, in Los Angeles. If...
Preparing for regulatory examinations is a daunting prospect. If you haven't set up the policies and procedures to ensure you can handle such an exam at the drop of a hat, it becomes more than just daunting: it turns into...
The U. S. Securities and Exchange Commission Division of Investment Management recently published an Information Update to provide clarification regarding filing certain Form ADV Part 1A amendments. On August 25, 2016, the Commission adopted amendments to Form ADV that have...
Last week the U. S. Securities and Exchange Commission judged that David Lubin, a New York-based attorney, may no longer appear or practice before the SEC, and may no longer act as an officer or director of a public...
- SEC Charges San Antonio CEO with Defrauding Investors Including First-Responders
- Considerations for Your Next Business Transition
- Three Things You Need to Know When Forming an RIA
- SEC Releases Proposed Changes to Form 13F Report Requirements
- SEC Releases Last-Minute Updates to Form CRS FAQs
- Top 3 Considerations During the Breakaway & Transition Process
- Succession Planning: Identifying a Successor
- California AG Submits Final CCPA Rules for Approval
- ICO To Return $25 Million to Investors
- SEC Charges Morgan Stanley Smith Barney with Providing Misleading Information to Retail Clients
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Investment Advisers
- Transition Services
- Due Diligence
- Aging Clients
- Policies and Procedures
- Virtual Currency
- Broker Protocol
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- Dodd-Frank Act
- Advisers Act
- Office of Compliance Inspections and Examinations (OCIE)
- Securities Law
- Ponzi Scheme
- Form U5
- Private Equity
- Private Funds
- Regulation Best Interest
- Hedge Funds
- Regulatory Examinations
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- Government Shutdown
- Risk Alert
- Social Media Marketing
- Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs)
- Investment Company Act
- Rule 6c
- Wells Fargo