With barely over a week left on Commissioner Luis A. Aguilar's tenure with the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), he summarized the changes he witnessed in the SEC during his seven years serving as Commissioner in his public statement...
The SEC’s challenges in implementing their own cybersecurity protocols could be similar to your firm. On December 16th, Commissioner Luis A. Aguilar of the Securities and Exchange Commission (“Commission”) released a public statement titled “Being a Responsible Steward: Ensuring...
Considerations that Businesses Should Keep in Mind Prior to Implementing a Transition and Business Succession Plan...
Five Broker-Dealers Ordered to Pay $18 Million in Restitution for Failing to Wave Class A Mutual Fund Share Charges...
The Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) paid out an award totaling more than $325,000 to a former employee of an investment firm for supplying them with information regarding fraudulent activities at his former firm including specific information regarding the individuals...
Family Endowment Partners, L.P. (“FEP”), a Massachusetts registered investment adviser, and its owner Lee Dana Weiss (“Weiss”) have been accused of violating the antifraud provisions of the federal securities law and related Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) antifraud rules. Furthermore,...
Succession planning, particularly related to retirement planning, transitioning to a new business model, or merging with a new team, can be complicated. JLG has created the following checklist to assist you navigate through various considerations. ...
According to the North American Securities Administrators Association (“NASAA”) 2015 Enforcement Report on 2014 Data (the “Report”), state securities regulators conducted 4,853 investigations in 2014 resulting in $405 million in restitution, $174 million in fines and 1,629 years in prison...
According to a Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) complaint filed in Riverside County, California, Paul Ricky Mata (“Mata”), David Kayatta (“Kayatta”) and Mario Pincheira (“Pincheira”) are accused of violating the antifraud provisions of Section 17(a) of the Securities Act of...
- Support and Counsel to Boards of Directors, Board Committees and Executives
- Assembling the Right Legal Team for Your M&A
- The Regulatory Considerations for M&As and Transition Planning
- Financing, Capital, and Ownership Structures
- The Essentials of a Purchase and Sale Agreement
- What to Know About Your Mergers & Acquisitions Process
- Private Equity and Your Regulatory Compliance Counsel
- The Most Important Consideration When Starting a Business
- Starting Out: Mergers & Acquisitions – Term Sheets and Due Diligence
- Four P’s of the Breakaway and Transition Process
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Transition Services
- Investment Advisers
- Policies and Procedures
- Private Equity
- Private Funds
- Due Diligence
- Regulatory Examinations
- Social Media Marketing
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- Aging Clients
- Advisers Act
- Virtual Currency
- Ponzi Scheme
- Dodd-Frank Act
- Office of Compliance Inspections and Examinations (OCIE)
- Securities Law
- Broker Protocol
- Form U5
- Hedge Funds
- Regulation Best Interest
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- Government Shutdown
- Risk Alert
- Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs)
- Investment Company Act
- Rule 6c
- Wells Fargo